Kate Winslet unafraid of nude scenes for her upcoming film "Lee"

 

Kate Winslet during her famous nude painting scene in 1997's Titanic.

Kate Winslet is ready to embraced nudity on her upcoming film "Lee" despite facing body-shaming. Titanic star admitted that the one had to be super brave to show thier body on the big screen.

Kate, who has shown her full body repeatedly in many movies including her breakout role in 1997's Titanic, said during an interview on Vouge "I know better than to waste precious energy on criticizing my physical self," adding, "I think any woman is better off just saying: I believe in myself. It doesn't matter what other people think; this is who I am — let's get on with it."

"The fat kid at the back with the wrong f---ing shoes on. I was consistently told I was the wrong shape. I was consistently told I would have to settle for less." she added.

“You know I had to be really fucking brave about letting my body be its softest version of itself and not hiding from that,” Winslet said about the film’s nude scenes. “And believe me, people amongst our own team would say, ‘You might just want to sit up a bit.’ And I’d go, ‘Why? [Because of] the bit of flesh you can see? No, that’s the way it’s going to be!’” she called.

"Lee" premiered in Toronto International Film Festival, follows the story of model turned war photographer Lee Miller.